Saturday 16 July 2011

Black Betty

It’s no secret that I love women and there’s a new girl in town who has won my heart for the moment. Of course, I’m something of a tart when it comes to the pleasures of the stomach and have little success in staying with the one partner…………
Black Betty is my sweetheart for this week anyway and I hope to see her a few more times before my eye wanders again and my gigolo of a stomach finds favour elsewhere.
BB, as I now affectionately call her, must have been putting out some serious pheromonal signals as I walked past her front door last week; how was I to know she was going to lure me in, tempt me with excellent coffee, seduce me with unashamed determination and the thought of a big breakfast before having her way with my wallet….and me?
Ok, ok, I was not an unwilling participant in her beguilement as the town knows I’m a food slut, a caffeine addict, an all round bad-egg when it comes to self-control and a plate of better-than-average victuals…..and let’s not forget Betty’s damned sexy eyelashes!!
Yes, I confess to having more than one coffee. Yes, I confess to spending longer than was acceptable gazing longingly and lustfully at Betty’s goodies, but this biscotti-wielding beauty pinned me down with a sweet, persuasive serving of her two boiled eggs and soldiers. I know what you’re thinking - this man’s a fool. He has lost his senses! Please remember, however, that I’m only human and when a woman offers you her eggs it’s a very special thing. And so it was for me. I hope you understand.
I intend having an early breakfast with Betty sometime this week. It’s always a pleasure to wake up with the one you love……wouldn’t you agree?

Postscript: Sadly Black Betty Cafe on Madras St was a victim of the February 22nd earthquake but her memory lives on.  Perhaps she will rise again.

No comments:

Post a Comment