Wednesday 20 July 2011

Maudes of Fendalton

Maudes just opened today and because I'm a committed philanthropist from way back when I wanted to be one of its first customers. Naturally I knew it's opening was imminent as I live close by but it was by chance that I saw it open this morning. In I dashed to find tables not set up and virtually nothing in the food cabinet. Do you think this bothered me, one who has just returned from force-feeding myself at such temples of delight as the Fat Duck, El Celler De Can Roca, The ledbury, Rick Stein's Seafood Restaurant and Hibiscus? Of course not - why not I hear you ask? Well, quite simply because the overwhelming attribute at this moment in time for Maudes is its raison d'etre. Once I'd learnt that the staff of the former cafe on the site, The Preservatory, had generously donated their time to this project and that all proceeds for the duration (until mid september) would be donated to the Nurse Maude Association I knew that I would be eating very fine fare and drinking the best of coffee. Food and drink that had the magic wand of human kindness and personal charity waved over it. Furthermore, I am certain that you will experience a rare measure of contagious joy on entering Maudes as all associated with it are exuding the passion of giving and serving. Scoff you may but I urge you to avail yourselves of this opportunity to have your morning tea, lunch or afternoon tea and enjoy the added benefit of giving something back to your community.Go in with a smile on your face and you'll be sure to keep it for the rest of the day.
No mention of this inspirational endeavour can be made without acknowledging the generosity of the property owners who have put in a lot of money and motivation to see this excellent venture succeed in its purpose. Congrats to Harcourts Holmwood.

No comments:

Post a Comment