Tuesday 12 June 2012

For God's Sake Pass the Salt!

It's true that asking for the salt to be passed was very much an everyday mantra heard at dinner tables around the Western world twenty or thirty years ago but these days I think we're obsessed with what goes into our bodies, in a careful way. Salt is necessary and we'll all probably concede that; we have learned that salt is in abundance in most foods so we don't need to add it at the table,  except on rare occasions. If you're dining intelligently (what on earth does that mean?)your chef or preparer will have used salt in the cooking process and achieved the balance required - at least that's the hope - why destroy the beautiful, subtle nuances of your meal by assaulting it (excuse the pun) with lashings of finely processed salt? It's all a question of individual taste you bleat....yeah, yeah, yeah!

Salt, like sugar, is to be used with caution in my view and the old saying that we should enjoy "everything in moderation, nothing to excess" might make a lot of sense when using these two cunning diablos.

Anyway, welcome to my blog which will be regularly updated and added to. There's no telling what you will find here and it's at least one way you can spice up your otherwise dull, boring and pointless lives I'd have thought. It has certainly helped me to snap myself out of the stupor of idiocy and mundanity that has dominated my woebegone existence in recent years......believe it!!

To end this short missive I must tell you the various ways you can reach this exciting blog: www.mrlu.co.nz;
www.misterlu.co.nz ;
 www.mrlu.co.uk;
  www.finefoodworldwide.com;
 www.eatdrinkandwrite.com.
It is much easier than trying to remember the main blogger URL. If you're incredibly lazy just type in Mr Lu at Large in Google and you'll undoubtedly find your way here. Whichever pathway you choose please be assured that I am humbled by your presence and I love you very much....

1 comment:

  1. You made me laugh Mr Lu with your 'pass the salt diatribe'. I know your life is anything but mundane and of course my life is anything but dull, boring and pointless. I will continue to read your very rewarding missifs and blog. Carry on salting.
    Ann

    ReplyDelete