Tuesday 24 July 2012

Water + Shed = Watershed....Maybe

It was true, the day had not started well and my degenerative degringolade had continued through the morning. By noon I found myself adrift in the Ferrymead area, rumbling of stomach and as thirsty as a rutting buck. There was no other option but to abandon what was left of my woeful day and seek solace at a table for one at the Watershed cafe.
I immediately decorated my table with a glass of pinot gris and a bowl of thick, smooth chowder. Both went down well and, in my own time and at a very leisurely pace, I managed to secure the rights to a Caesar Salad along with a sampling of salmon to jazz it up a little. All was well and my second tipple, a Main Divide reisling, helped admirably to restore some semblance of normality to my diabolical afternoon.
The cafe quality salad was a satisfactory offering with all the requisite elements of a modern day Caesar and of substantial quantity to boot. By the time I sipped my parting espresso no less than two hours had passed and I was looking forward to all the joy and wonder that the evening promised.
The restorative powers of food and drink taken in the relaxed setting of a modern cafe should never be underestimated.

No comments:

Post a Comment