Wednesday 26 December 2012

St Asaph St Kitchen & Stray Dog Bar



I’m the ultimate stray dog! Believe it or not I wander, sometimes aimlessly, from one café to another, leaving dirty dishes and clogged up cutlery in my wake. I’m sure many a waitress has mouthed obscenities at my back and wished to administer a sound larruping to my person as I have hurriedly scoffed down the day’s offerings and scurried out the door in search of the next bowl of ‘scraps’.
The St Asaph St Kitchen & Stray Dog Bar doesn’t exactly jump out at you like a barking dog; it’s tucked away on all fours, set back off the road just before the intersection of St Asaph and Manchester at a point where motorists are likely to be focused on the traffic lights. However, if you’re lucky you’ll find a parking space nearby and be able to pop in for a fine time…
This, my second lunch at this establishment, was marked with disarmingly charming service from my table attendant and swift delivery of my simple, more than adequate repast. A pot of English Breakfast Tea is not to be sneezed at and should be taken with a relaxed demeanour, a thirsty throat and, preferably, at least one friend.
Follow this up with one of a number of gullet-gratifying gems and you will immediately relegate the deep-seated pain, suffering and thought of Boxing day sales, car park chaos and trolley-filled trinkets to another dimension.
Smoked salmon on scrambled eggs with a couple of carefully cut squares of toasted Turkish bread might not fill your belly after the excruciating stomach stretching of Christmas Day gluttony, but this little portion, this mere scrap you might say, was just enough to help me along the way to the much desired post-festive stomach shrinkage….
Beautiful scrambled eggs, delicate slivers of rolled up salmon and the aforementioned tidbits of toast were well suited accompaniments to the pot of tea – and all for little more than $20.00.
Woof, woof.

No comments:

Post a Comment